Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
608 N Casey Key Rd, Osprey
This prime 1.5 acre property has 175 ft. of Gulf front and 175 ft. of Little Sarasota Bay front and is more than 450 ft. deep. Secluded by mature oaks, palms, pines, agave and an enormous banyan tree, the rustic residence has changed little since it was built in 1916. It's unlikely the Old Florida homestead, constructed of pecky cedar can be salvaged, but perhaps the 10 ft. ceilings, hardwood floors, 4 fireplaces, original blown glass sconces, French doors and lunette windows will provide an inspiration to the buyer. Submerged pilings that extend into Little Sarasota Bay is evidence of an old dock that once stood on the property. Construction of a new dock would complete what could be one of the finest estates on Casey Key. OF NOTE: This is one of the first homesteads on Casey Key and is said to have served as lodging for adventurers and their guides who arrived by boat to hunt the lushly vegetated 8 mile long barrier island at the turn of the century. Seller may consider some financing.
- MLS® #A4177105
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage3,086
- Year Built1916
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesCable Connected
- ParkingBoat, None
- GaragesUnder Building Parking
- ViewStreet Paved, Oversized Lot, Lot - Oversized, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontGulf/Ocean to Bay, Beach - Private, Bay/Harbor, Ocean2Bay, Beach-Prvt
- ExteriorSiding, Wood Frame
- Exterior FeaturesFrench Doors, Outdoor Shower, Mature Landscaping, Oak Trees, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot DescriptionOne + to Two Acres
- FoundationCrawlspace, Stilt/On Piling
- Days on Market742
- Address608 N Casey Key Rd
- SubdivisionCasey Key
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34229
- InteriorVinyl, Wood
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Eating Space In Kitchen, L Dining
- CoolingCentral Air, Wall/Window Unit(s)
- FireplacesLiving Room, Master Bedroom, Other Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesTwo, Two Story
- ElementaryLaurel Nokomis
- MiddleVenice Area Middle, Venice
- HighVenice Senior High, Venice
- Listing Office:Rosebay International, Inc
Listing information courtesy of Rosebay International, Inc.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on March 18th, 2019 at 1:30pm EDT.