Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
3308 Higel Ave, Sarasota
New pricing, $300,000 less. A rare opportunity in paradise. Live in an historic waterfront estate on deep sailboat water, on the coveted north end of Siesta Key. This significant home in an historic neighborhood was originally built in 1917 by the mayor of Sarasota, Harry Higel. Impressive renovations and additions have been made through the years with special attention paid to the structure's original materials, environment and history. The home is beautifully maintained with a welcoming wide front porch, original pecky cypress walls and heart pine floors throughout, authentic moldings, fireplace and a "sleeping" porch, all which evoke a feeling of a time gone by. Cozy comfort, yet spacious, casual elegance, a perfect combination of old and new where one can easily entertain small, intimate parties or large numbers. The main house includes living and dining rooms, office, spacious island kitchen, family room, wine cellar and first-floor master suite with soaring ceilings. Upstairs are four bedrooms, baths and a family room. The separate guest "Lodge" was built in 1988 to complement the main house and offers a game room, bedroom, bath and sleeping loft over a two-car garage. The expansive waterfront backyard includes an oversized pool, a spectacular creeping fig tree and a boat dock and jet ski lift on the wide canal that connects Big Pass, the Gulf of Mexico and the Bay where dolphin, manatee and colorful sunsets are abundant. Minutes to Siesta Beach, Siesta Village and easy access to downtown Sarasota.
- MLS® #A4210805
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage5,479
- Year Built1932
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Electricity Connected, Public, Sprinkler Well
- ParkingDriveway, Garage Door Opener, Guest, Parking Pad, Workshop in Garage
- # of Garages2
- ViewFlood Insurance Required, Flood Zone, In City Limits, Lot - Oversized, Sidewalk, Street Dead-End, Wooded View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground
- ExteriorSiding, Wood Frame
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, French Doors, Irrigation System, Outdoor Shower, Rain Gutters, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot Description1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsBlinds, Rods
- Days on Market460
- Address3308 Higel Ave
- AreaSarasota/Crescent Beach/Siesta Key
- SubdivisionSiesta Rev Resub
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34242
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Crown Molding, High Ceiling(s), Kitchen/Family Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Solid Wood Cabinets, Split Bedroom, Stone Counters, Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesBuilt-In Oven, Convection Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Exhaust Fan, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Heat Pump, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesTwo Story
- ElementaryPhillippi Shores
- Listing Office:Premier Sothebys Intl Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on May 26th, 2019 at 9:30pm EDT.