Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
535 S Blvd Of Presidents Blvd, Sarasota
Own your piece of Sarasota History. The Historic Van Wezel Estate was designed by renowned master architect Thomas Reed Martin and built in 1936 featuring a unique courtyard with a fish pond, 15 foot volume beamed ceilings and is situated to take advantage of the shimmering view of the pool, Sarasota Bay and Otter Key. This Mediterranean Revival Style residence was home to Lewis Van Wezel and Eugenia Van Wezel (whose sister, Rita Nobel, was married to Gustaf Nobel - yes, like the Nobel prize). If these walls could talk you might hear stories of guests like Albert Einstein, Brigitte Bardot, John Ringling and one can only imagine the fine circus performers who might also have graced the residence. In recent years the home has been lovingly restored and renovated. Great care was taken to introduce modern convenience while preserving the wonderful Art Deco feel (including some original tiles and fixtures) that was so popular at the time. Some examples of opulent updates: La Cornue en France built-in Rotisserie and 6-Burner Gas Range with Double Oven as well as a Viking Professional Appliances. From here, you can go anywhere. Deeded dock access means you and your boat have direct Gulf access; just blocks away you'll find white sandy beaches, St. Armands circle for your shopping and dining enjoyment, minutes from everything Downtown Sarasota and a few miles drive to Sarasota/Bradenton airport and, of course, The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. Schedule your private showing today.
- MLS® #A4407019
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage4,100
- Year Built1936
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleHistorical, Spanish/Mediterranean
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Public, Sprinkler Meter
- ParkingBoat, Circular Driveway, Driveway, None
- GaragesUnder Building Parking
- ViewConservation, Flood Zone, In City Limits, Near Public Transit, Lot - Oversized, Street One Way, Street Paved, Pool View, Wooded View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesFrench Doors, Outdoor Shower, Sliding Doors, Sprinkler Metered, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot Description1/2 Acre to 1 Acre
- WindowsWindow Treatments
- Days on Market207
- Address535 S Blvd Of Presidents Blvd
- SubdivisionLido Beach Div B
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorQuarry Tile
- Interior FeaturesCathedral Ceiling(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, High Ceiling(s), Kitchen/Family Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Skylight(s), Solid Wood Cabinets, Stone Counters, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesOne Story
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Re/max Alliance Group
Listing information courtesy of Re/max Alliance Group.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on January 22nd, 2019 at 12:14pm EST.