Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
8230 Sanderling Rd, Sarasota
PRICED AT LAND VALUE! DIRECT BEACH FRONT PROPERTY WITH 190 FEET of GULF FRONTAGE in the exclusive, gated Sanderling Club! One of the last remaining TWO ACRE parcels on Siesta Key. Imagine building your dream home where every room faces the gulf with dazzling water views and magical sunsets. Or enjoy the existing 5 bedroom home, an architect designed re-build in 2000 when the entire structure was taken down to the studs and reinforced with steel beams. 10’ ceilings and honed travertine throughout. The chef's kitchen has 6-burner Viking range, pot filler, hand-forged range hood, double Sub-Zero and walk-in pantry. The master suite has custom closets, second laundry room, gym, office and romantic porch for sunsets and morning coffee. Take a dip in the heated pool and let the festivities move into the adjacent game room with bar and wine cellar, or Cabana with grill and kitchenette. On the grounds are a woodworking shop and greenhouse. This property (one of few in Sanderling large enough) is zoned to allow a desirable guest house in addition to the main house. This is the ultimate private estate setting! Live in the existing home while developing plans and obtaining permits. Sanderling is a highly sought-after, Gulf-to-Bay guard gated community with unrivaled privacy, unique architecture, tennis courts, boat slips, Paul Rudolph-designed cabanas and beach house. Sarasota, with its sophisticated restaurants, world-renowned ballet and opera, museums, galleries and shopping is a short drive away.
- MLS® #A4416545
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,939
- Year Built1989
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleCustom, Florida
- UtilitiesCable Connected, Electricity Connected, Propane, Sewer Connected
- FeaturesBoat Slip, Tennis Court(s), Security, Playground, Optional Additional Fees, Marina, Gated, Fence Restrictions, Dock, Clubhouse, Tennis Courts, Golf Carts OK, Gated Community, Deed Restrictions, Buyer Approval Required, Water Access, Deed Restricted
- ParkingCircular Driveway, Garage Door Opener, Driveway, Garage Faces Side, Guest, Off Street, On Street, Oversized, Parking Pad, Split Garage, Workshop in Garage
- # of Garages3
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 3 Car Garage
- ViewLot - Oversized, Street Paved, Street Private, Street Dead-End, Level, In County, FloodZone, CoastalConstruction Control Line, Flood Zone, Pool View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontGulf/Ocean, Beach - Private, Beach-Prvt
- Has PoolYes
- PoolHeated, In Ground, Lighting, Outside Bath Access, Salt Water, Screen Enclosure
- ExteriorSiding, Wood Frame
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, Hurricane Shutters, Irrigation System, Outdoor Grill, Rain Gutters, Sliding Doors, Storage, Bamboo, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot DescriptionTwo + to Five Acres
- WindowsInsulated Windows, Shutters
- Days on Market271
- Address8230 Sanderling Rd
- AreaSarasota/Crescent Beach/Siesta Key
- SubdivisionSanderling/siesta Properties
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34242
- InteriorBrick/Stone, Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Travertine
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Crown Molding, High Ceiling(s), Kitchen/Family Room Combo, Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Open Floorplan, Solid Wood Cabinets, Split Bedroom, Stone Counters, Thermostat, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Exhaust Fan, Freezer, Ice Maker, Indoor Grill, Microwave, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Trash Compactor, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Heat Pump
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- FireplacesGas, Living Room, Master Bedroom
- ElementaryPhillippi Shores
- MiddleBrookside Middle, Brookside
- HighSarasota High, Sarasota
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on July 20th, 2019 at 2:45pm EDT.