Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
25 S Washington Dr, Sarasota
Nestled just a short walk from St. Armands Circle and designated a historic structure by the city of Sarasota, Casa del Mar is a 1930’s Spanish Modernist home with remarkable updates immersed in unforgettable natural splendor and vintage character. Once behind the gates, the property unfolds through verdant archways to incredibly beautiful gardens facing Sarasota Bay, a shimmering infinity pool and lush pergola. Set on 152’ of Bayfront, cast off from deep water dockage and explore tropical waterways. The elegant retreat encompasses a 4-bedroom 5,700 sf main house, beautifully maintained with contemporary updates, and a charming 2-bedroom 1,500 sf guest house built in 2007. Beamed ceilings, graceful archways, intricate ironwork, wood burning fireplaces, large picture windows, period tile and original wood floors pay homage to a bygone era of effortless grace. Step into the newer kitchen and instantly you will be captivated by soaring tropical views, fresh and light cream cabinetry, a center island and stylish lighting. The master suite includes his and hers marble-adorned baths, 2 walk-in closets, and sweetheart balcony overlooking the Bay. An exercise room and sauna encourage well-being and relaxation. The 2 garages accommodate 4 cars. While you will feel a world away, walk to The Circle away with its sophisticated shops and restaurants, or the powder-soft sands of Lido Beach. This highly sought-after address is also within easy reach of downtown Sarasota’s ballet, opera, symphony, shopping and dining.
- MLS® #A4417577
- Full Baths6
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage7,258
- Year Built1936
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleHistorical, Spanish/Mediterranean
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Gas, Public, Sprinkler Well, Street Lights
- ParkingGarage Door Opener, Guest
- # of Garages4
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 4 Car Garage
- ViewFlood Zone, In City Limits, Sidewalk, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolHeated, Infinity
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, Fenced, French Doors, Irrigation System, Lighting, Outdoor Kitchen, Mature Landscaping, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot Description1/2 Acre to 1 Acre
- WindowsBlinds, Thermal Windows
- FoundationCrawlspace, Slab
- Days on Market79
- Address25 S Washington Dr
- SubdivisionSaint Armands Div John Ringling Estates
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorBrick/Stone, Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Marble, Wood
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Intercom, Sauna, Solid Surface Counters, Solid Wood Cabinets, Split Bedroom, Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Water Heater, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesTwo Story
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on January 18th, 2019 at 9:00pm EST.