Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
8218 Sanderling Rd, Sarasota
Offering one of the area’s most coveted lifestyles, this stunning beachfront estate property rests on over 4 acres between the Gulf of Mexico and Heron Lagoon in the serene Sanderling Club on Siesta Key. Here over 300 feet of direct beachfront, one of the most significant on the entire Gulf Coast, comes to life with spectacular outdoor spaces, extraordinary water and beach views, dramatic living quarters and resort like amenities all within a private compound. Upon turning onto the winding driveway and passing the entry walls of the main home, one is overcome by the meticulously manicured grounds, lush natural Florida foliage, Hollywood style pool and spa area, private tennis court, and just the sheer size and magnitude of the property. The perfect backdrop for indulgent relaxation or lavish entertaining both inside and out, the main home features just over 8,600 of living space including 5 bedrooms, formal living and dining rooms, game room, sunroom and dramatic gulf front enclosed porch. The guesthouse, built in 2007, is located across the street on the quiet banks of Heron Lagoon and features an open great room plan with 2 ensuite bedrooms, large screened terrace and open deck with dock below. This property is truly extraordinary on its own, but as part of the Sanderling Club it offers a guard gated entrance, beach club, tennis courts, Paul Rudolph designed beach cabanas, children’s playground as well as dockage on the bay side of the island. There is potential to divide this property.
- MLS® #A4420829
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage10,624
- Year Built1986
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Public
- FeaturesBoat Slip, Gated Community, Recreation Building, Security, Tennis Courts, Association Recreation - Owned, Buyer Approval Required, Deed Restricted, Gated Community, Water Access
- ParkingCircular Driveway, Driveway, Garage Door Opener, Oversized
- # of Garages6
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 5+ Car Garage
- ViewFlood Zone, In County, Lot - Oversized, Street Paved, Street Private, Tennis Court View, Wooded View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontBeach-Prvt, Gulf/Ocean, Lagoon
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground, Lighting
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, French Doors, Hurricane Shutters, Irrigation System, Lighting, Rain Gutters, Sliding Doors, Storage, Tennis Court(s), Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot DescriptionTwo + to Five Acres
- Days on Market45
- Address8218 Sanderling Rd
- AreaSarasota/Crescent Beach/Siesta Key
- SubdivisionSanderling Club, Siesta Properties Inc
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34242
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile
- Interior FeaturesCathedral Ceiling(s), Ceiling Fans(s), Crown Molding, Elevator, High Ceiling(s), Open Floorplan, Sauna, Skylight(s), Split Bedroom, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesBuilt-In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Exhaust Fan, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- FireplacesLiving Room, Master Bedroom, Wood Burning, Other Room
- StoriesThree Or More Story
- ElementaryPhillippi Shores
- Listing Office:Premier Sothebys Intl Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on January 22nd, 2019 at 11:16am EST.