Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1841 Oak St, Sarasota
Located in the heart of Historic Laurel Park, this 2 story Dutch Colonial home is one of the most dramatic residences in the neighborhood. Originally built in the 1920s, this home was relocated to its present location in 1933 by Judge John Early. The home maintains many of the classic features of Traditional architecture but has been updated to meet the needs of a discriminating buyer. The home is situated on an oversized lot (7,500 square feet) allowing for privacy and a feeling of openness. There is room for a pool and a carport. Old Chicago Brick fill the driveway and lead to a private entertaining area where you and your guests can enjoy all that this home has to offer. As you enter the Early House, through one of 3 entrances, you will love the high ceilings and original pine flooring, large stone fireplace made with limestone, the oversized screened porch with terrazzo flooring and wood paneled ceiling, gourmet kitchen with cherry cabinets, mud room off the kitchen with original beaded paneling, original door knobs that have been restored and other features that give this home so much character. There is also a large family room on the first floor that could easily be used as a 4th bedroom or office. The original home had 4 bedrooms upstairs and one bathroom but has been updated to include a master en-suite and 2 bedrooms with a hall bathroom, in addition to the walk-in closets and extensive built-in cabinetry in the master bedroom.
- MLS® #A4425568
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage1,958
- Year Built1926
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Available, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, Public, Sewer Connected, Street Lights
- FeaturesPark, Playground, Sidewalk
- ViewCorner Lot/Unit, Historic District, Level, Sidewalk, Street Paved
- ExteriorWood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, Irrigation System, Outdoor Shower, Sidewalk, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- FoundationStem Wall, Crawlspace
- Days on Market18
- Address1841 Oak St
- SubdivisionWashington Park
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorSlate, Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, Solid Wood Cabinets, Stone Counters, Window Treatments
- AppliancesBuilt-In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- FireplacesFamily Room
- StoriesTwo Story
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Premier Sothebys Intl Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on February 23rd, 2019 at 2:45pm EST.