Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
535 S Blvd Of The Presidents Blvd, Sarasota
Location, history, and style. The Historic Van Wezel Estate, one of the first homes built on Lido Key, is sited gracefully on tranquil bay waters just steps from the bustle of St. Armands Circle, the beaches of Lido Key and minutes from Downtown Sarasota. Upon entering the front courtyard, one is transported to an authentic Mediterranean waterfront villa with original Saltillo terra cotta tile, wood beamed ceilings, arched entryways, wood panel molding and stunning French doors that open to the beautiful waterfront covered patio and pool area. This Mediterranean Revival Style residence was designed for Lewis and Eugenia Van Wezel by well-known architect, Thomas Reed Martin and was caringly updated to include an amazing state of the art kitchen featuring large rectangular island, marble countertops and backsplash, Viking professional grade stainless steel appliances, and La Cornue 6-burner gas range and rotisserie. The family room addition is completely open to the kitchen and is light and bright with vaulted ceiling, abundant windows and sliding doors that open to the oversized patio area. The combined living and dining room boast a wood-burning fireplace and large banks of window and doors allowing for the gentle bay breeze to filter throughout the residence. Deep water boat dockage featuring two slips and direct access to bay and Gulf of Mexico waters beyond add to the list of amenities. Several plans have been created to further expand this historically designated gem. The lot is truly amazing.
- MLS® #A4427502
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage4,066
- Year Built1936
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleSpanish/Mediterranean, Historical
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Phone Available, Public, Sprinkler Meter
- ParkingBoat, Circular Driveway, Driveway, None
- ViewConservation, Flood Zone, In City Limits, Near Public Transit, Lot - Oversized, Street One Way, Street Paved, Pool View, Wooded View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesFrench Doors, Outdoor Shower, Sliding Doors, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot Description1/2 Acre to 1 Acre
- Days on Market296
- Address535 S Blvd Of The Presidents Blvd
- SubdivisionLido Beach
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorQuarry Tile
- Interior FeaturesCathedral Ceiling(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, High Ceiling(s), Kitchen/Family Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Skylight(s), Solid Wood Cabinets, Stone Counters, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- StoriesOne Story
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Premier Sothebys Intl Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on May 23rd, 2019 at 11:30pm EDT.