Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
47 S Washington Dr, Sarasota
Fabulous 1927 National Register Mediterranean Revival home on the Bay! The exquisite 7’ marble fireplace in the living room was a gift from none other than John Ringling! Famous detective William J. Burns built the residence, designed by renowned architect Thomas Reed Martin as the first “fireproof” home in Sarasota. Updated in 2016 with new electrical and plumbing. The kitchen is a Chef’s delight, with marble countertops, double Bosch dishwashers, Sub Zero Refrigerator, 4 Sub Zero drawers, double Wolf ovens, warming drawer, Wolf 5-burner gas range, two sinks, filtered drinking water, ice machine, and wine cooler! The original iron staircase is adorned with unique 1920s inset colorful tiles. Features include a 16 ft. ceilings in the living room. The sunroom currently used as a dining room has floor to ceiling French doors on three sides. The front of this room looks over the courtyard and fountain while the rear overlooks the Bay. There is a media room on the first floor. Upstairs, the master suite overlooks the Bay with a large balcony for gazing at the dolphins. His and her closets off master. The master bath has dual vanities, a claw-footed tub and a separate shower overlooking the Bay. A guest suite on the upper level has a full bath and closet. The 14k lbs. boat lift installed in 2018. Some chandeliers and bath mirrors do not convey. This residence on one of the prettiest streets on St. Armand’s Circle. Restaurants and shopping right around the corner. Lido Beach is a few blocks away.
- MLS® #A4430575
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage3,956
- Year Built1927
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Available, Cable Connected, Electricity Available, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, Phone Available, Sewer Connected, Street Lights, Water Available
- ParkingDriveway, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side, Oversized
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Garage
- ViewNear Marina, Near Public Transit, Lot - Oversized, Street Paved, Historic District, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolIn Ground, Lighting, Salt Water, Fiberglass
- ExteriorConcrete, Other, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, Mature Landscaping, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot Description1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsBlinds, Drapes
- RoofOther, Tile
- Days on Market64
- Address47 S Washington Dr
- SubdivisionSaint Armands Div John Ringling Estates
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Travertine, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCathedral Ceiling(s), Crown Molding, Dry Bar, High Ceiling(s), Skylight(s), Solid Wood Cabinets, Stone Counters, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan, Gas Water Heater, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Electric
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories2
- StoriesTwo Story
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Coldwell Banker Res R E
Listing information courtesy of Coldwell Banker Res R E.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on May 25th, 2019 at 9:44pm EDT.