Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
517 Madison Ct, Sarasota
Located on a quiet brick street in Historic Laurel Park, this charming Spanish Mediterranean with masonry walls offers two bedrooms, two baths, sparkling swimming pool, and is loaded with character. The original doors and windows have been replaced with current impact products, the roof has been recently replaced, and the AC handlers are less than 5 years old. Owen Burns created an intimate enclave of homes and duplexes on this street in the 1920’s, this one originally being a duplex. The owners have been using it as a single family home since their purchase 18 years ago, and enjoy the very private walled-in back yard with large patio and pool. Currently one of the living areas is being used as a roomy and wonderfully functional artists' studio. The high ceilings are a bonus, the numerous windows provide wonderful light throughout, and there are two wood-burning fireplaces adding to the uniqueness. The generous dining/living area in the rear of the house opens to the sunny patio/pool area, and the compact yet ample kitchen will be a delight for any chef. Life in Laurel Park is an amazing pleasure! It is Sarasota’s only downtown neighborhood, and is a short distance to dining, entertainment, Selby Gardens, Sarasota Bay, Payne Park, the future Legacy Trail, and downtown fairs and events. The neighborhood has its own pocket park on Laurel Street, and a kayak launch at the southern end of Ohio Place.
- MLS® #A4434031
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage1,487
- Year Built1924
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Fiber Optics, Natural Gas Connected, Sewer Connected, Street Lights
- FeaturesPark, Playground, Public Boat Ramp, Sidewalk, Water Access
- Parking Spaces1
- ParkingDriveway, On Street, Parking Pad
- # of Garages1
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 1 Car Carport
- ViewHistoric District, In City Limits, Sidewalk, Street Brick, Pool View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolAuto Cleaner, Gunite, In Ground
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesFrench Doors, Hurricane Shutters, Sidewalk, Sliding Doors, Storage, Mature Landscaping
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- RoofMembrane, Other
- Days on Market129
- Address517 Madison Ct
- SubdivisionOwen Burns
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Laminate, Wood
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, High Ceiling(s), Split Bedroom, Window Treatments
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Gas Water Heater, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Electric
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories1
- StoriesOne Story, Walk-Up
- Listing Office:Coldwell Banker Res R E
Listing information courtesy of Coldwell Banker Res R E.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on September 15th, 2019 at 1:45pm EDT.