Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
2928 Tanglewood Way, Sarasota
Under contract but accepting back-up offers! This place just feels like “home"-- from its welcoming front porch, to its wood-burning fireplace, to the Florida room in the back overlooking a screened "cocktail pool". This South Gate charmer checks off all the right boxes with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, over 1800sf–all in the most desirable & central location in Sarasota. The original family has lovingly maintained this home and made important updates: 2018 A/C, 2017 roof, 2018 pool/spa pump, newer water heater, impact windows, updated flooring, attic insulation, and security system. The original terrazzo is under the carpeting in the living and dining rooms, protected for all these years. The kitchen & bathrooms retain the charm unique to the 1960’s that this incredible neighborhood is famous for & are in pristine condition for those that appreciate retro design. Split floorplan features many deep closets & built-ins, and 2 bedrooms have walk-in closets. And did I mention the cocktail pool/spa? There’s enough room for 9 friends! The beautifully landscaped yard harkens back to this area’s origins as a citrus grove when Bertha Honore Palmer owned the land, with mature landscaping including a pineapple bush & a loquat tree, in a neighborhood that features a variety of floorplans and looks–-it’s anything but cookie cutter. The roads were just re-paved, and the home has a 2-car garage. This fabulous house is only 10 minutes to Siesta Key, and only 5 minutes to Macy’s, Cinebistro, Lucky’s, Trader Joe’s, & Publix.
- MLS® #A4436324
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage1,818
- Year Built1962
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleFlorida, Mid-Century Modern, Ranch, Traditional
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Sprinkler Well, Water Available
- FeaturesClubhouse, Playground, Pool, Deed Restricted
- ParkingDriveway, Garage Door Opener
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Garage
- ViewIn County, Street Paved, Garden View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolIn Ground, Screen Enclosure
- ExteriorBlock, Concrete
- Exterior FeaturesIrrigation System, Rain Gutters, Fruit Trees, Mature Landscaping, Oak Trees, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- Days on Market42
- Address2928 Tanglewood Way
- SubdivisionSouth Gate
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34239
- InteriorCarpet, Laminate, Other, Terrazzo
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Split Bedroom, Thermostat, Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesBuilt-In Oven, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Range, Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Heat Pump
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories1
- StoriesOne Story, Ground Floor Unit
- Listing Office:Coldwell Banker Res R E
Listing information courtesy of Coldwell Banker Res R E.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on August 21st, 2019 at 7:00pm EDT.