Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
542 Ohio Pl, Sarasota
This tranquil Estate offers a lovely 1940’s cottage, a guest house, and a lush, fenced garden. An oasis tucked away, only minutes from the heart of Downtown Sarasota in historic Laurel Park. The historic “J Walton Taylor Family Home” charms with it’s vintage character, while being graciously updated to today’s lifestyle. The kitchen/dining room/living room combination, is light and bright with French doors leading out to the terrace in the tropical back yard. For the wine enthusiast, there is a walk-in temperature-controlled 320 bottle wine room. The large master suite offers skylights, a rustic brick fireplace, dressing room, and an en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom suite opens up to the garden and features a private bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower. There is another room, which can be used as the third bedroom, den or office, with a private bathroom. It is adjacent to a second kitchen which leads out to the lovely covered and screened porch. The guest house features two bedrooms, one bathroom and a kitchenette, all located over the spacious 2-car garage. A heated small pool surrounded by vegetation, completes the relaxed tropical feeling. The excellent walkability factor and its bohemian atmosphere reminds one of Key West. The Laurel Park neighborhood is an excellent alternative to high-rise downtown condo living. Quiet, peaceful urban living, only moments away from shopping, dining, farmer’s market, cultural attractions and Bay Front.
- MLS® #A4436416
- Full Baths4
- Square Footage2,225
- Year Built1942
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesElectricity Connected, Public, Sewer Connected
- FeaturesPark, Playground, Public Boat Ramp
- ParkingGarage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Garage
- ViewCorner Lot/Unit, Historic District, Near Marina, Lot - Oversized, Garden View, Pool View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, Heated, In Ground
- ExteriorSiding, Stucco, Wood Frame
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, French Doors, Outdoor Shower, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot Description1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsBlinds, Drapes
- RoofMembrane, Shingle
- Days on Market99
- Address542 Ohio Pl
- SubdivisionLaurel Park
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorTile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeiling Fans(s), Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Skylight(s), Solid Surface Counters, Split Bedroom, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesWood Burning
- StoriesSplit Level
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Florida Realty
Listing information courtesy of Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Florida Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on August 24th, 2019 at 4:15pm EDT.