Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1666 6th St, Sarasota
A beautiful blend of historic and modern that captures what the world loves best about Sarasota, this 5 BR, 3 BA home, strategically renovated by a top-notch architect, provides you sustainable living downtown while enjoying the passive income of a rental unit. Walking distance to the farmers’ market, theater, music and the bay front, the desirable 10 acre Gillespie Park neighborhood also features tennis courts, dog park, playground, and pond. Designated as the Willis B. Powell House, the interior has been thoughtfully re-imagined with a new chef’s kitchen including a gas range, custom built-in cabinetry and pull-out island, plus a mother-in-law apartment, featuring a separate entrance, full bath and kitchen. The historic character preserved, including the original wood burning fireplace and rich hardwood floors, a clever reconfiguration created a first floor BR with a full bath which doubles as a guest en-suite. Upstairs, two bedrooms have been carved out of a larger space with a temporary wall. Adjacent to the master BR, the bath upstairs is fully updated and a laundry room has been created off of the kitchen with a utility sink and a hook up for a gas dryer. Sliders open from the kitchen to the brick patio, with a hookup for a gas grill, surrounded by an edible landscape of mulberry, mango, avocado, starfruit, loquat, and bananas. Pest control system has been maintained, seller will tent the house prior to closing. The roof is 18 years, but in good shape. There is room to add a pool in the backyard.
- MLS® #A4437748
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage1,770
- Year Built1930
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Available, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, Phone Available, Public, Sewer Connected, Solar, Street Lights
- ParkingDriveway, Off Street
- GaragesUnder Building Parking
- ViewIn City Limits, Level, Near Public Transit, Sidewalk, Street Paved, City View
- ExteriorWood Frame, Wood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, Rain Barrel/Cistern(s), Rain Gutters, Sliding Doors, Storage, Fruit Trees, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsInsulated Windows
- Days on Market22
- Address1666 6th St
- SubdivisionCentral Park Sub
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorConcrete, Reclaimed Wood, Recycled/Composite Flooring, Wood
- Interior FeaturesAttic Fan, Attic Ventilator, Built in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, High Ceiling(s), Pest Guard System, Thermostat
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Electric Water Heater, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Solar Hot Water, Water Filtration System
- CoolingCentral Air, Wall/Window Unit(s)
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories2
- StoriesTwo Story
- ElementaryAlta Vista
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Listing Office:Premier Plus Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Plus Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on August 24th, 2019 at 3:45pm EDT.