Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1562 South Dr, Sarasota
Arguably, one of the most classic and unique homes to come on the market in Sarasota County in years. Located on a double lot (almost 3/4 of an acre) at the end of a dead-end street in the historic and iconic Cherokee Park neighborhood sits a 5900 ft. dream home with 6 bedrooms and 5 ½ baths. This house has the eloquence of old-school Florida with all of the modern day amenities including electric awnings, electric screens, high-end appliances, subzero refrigerator and wine cooler, Wolf Range and Miele steamer. The outdoor area includes a large swimming pool, an enormous covered outdoor kitchen with a gas grill connected to city gas lines and a tropical landscape oasis that allows for seclusion and entertaining. With windows on every exterior wall, the interior natural lighting is remarkable. Simply put, the house “flows well”. This historic home still maintains the original wood work, wood floors, and fireplace and is located within short distance of Southside Elementary and less than a mile from world-famous Siesta Key.
- MLS® #A4452303
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,944
- Year Built1941
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleColonial, Key West
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, Sewer Connected, Street Lights
- FeaturesGolf Carts OK, Sidewalk
- ParkingCircular Driveway, Driveway, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side, Off Street, On Street
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Garage
- ViewCorner Lot/Unit, Flood Insurance Required, Flood Zone, In City Limits, Lot - Oversized, Sidewalk, Street Dead-End, Street Paved, Pool View, Wooded View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolHeated, In Ground, Lighting, Outside Bath Access, Salt Water
- ExteriorBlock, Brick
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, French Doors, Irrigation System, Lighting, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Kitchen, Outdoor Shower, Rain Gutters, Sidewalk, Sliding Doors, Storage, Mature Landscaping, Oak Trees, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot Description1/2 Acre to 1 Acre
- WindowsBlinds, Drapes, Window Treatments
- Days on Market140
- Address1562 South Dr
- SubdivisionCherokee Park 2
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34239
- InteriorTile, Travertine, Wood
- Interior FeaturesAttic Fan, Built in Features, Cathedral Ceiling(s), Ceiling Fans(s), Coffered Ceiling(s), Crown Molding, Dry Bar, High Ceiling(s), Solid Surface Counters, Solid Wood Cabinets, Split Bedroom, Stone Counters, Tray Ceiling(s), Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer
- CoolingCentral Air, Mini-Split Unit(s)
- FireplacesLiving Room, Gas
- StoriesTwo Story
- Listing Office:Re/max Alliance Group
Listing information courtesy of Re/max Alliance Group.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on April 10th, 2020 at 2:00pm EDT.