Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1723 Bay St, Sarasota
City living in a park-like setting. Own a piece of Sarasota’s past in this historic home set in a premiere location off Hudson Bayou and with close proximity to Selby Gardens, Sarasota Bay, and downtown Sarasota. Originally built by Leon Pickett in 1923, Picket was an Advance Agent for Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Baily Circus and a construction engineer for John Ringling. A tour of this home reveals a signature sense of glamour from a bygone era blended with modern updates and sophisticated stylings. This home sits in a walled courtyard setting surrounded by verdant, tropical grounds. Once inside, it’s clear the quality of construction is paramount with newly refinished heart of pine wood floors, Sausalito tiles, wonderful wood ceilings, custom built-ins, and plate glass windows that bring the garden-like setting indoors. Prepare a sumptuous dinner in the newly updated kitchen with Italian-inspired cabinetry, granite counters, glass tile backsplash, and stainless-steel appliances. Fresh paint and a new roof provide peace-of-mind. Your guests will feel as though they’ve stepped back in time to the Gatsby era as you host elegant soirees outside by the heated pool and spa, surrounded by a tropical garden setting and large entertaining areas. An oversized attached garage completes the picture. You’ll cherish the space and privacy this estate provides while savoring the downtown lifestyle near restaurants, boutiques, and an endless variety of arts and culture. Great buy for investors! Tenants in Place.
- MLS® #A4453885
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage2,237
- Year Built1923
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Available, Cable Connected, Electricity Connected, Propane, Public, Sewer Connected, Water Available
- ParkingDriveway, Garage Door Opener, Oversized, Parking Pad, Workshop in Garage
- # of Garages1
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 1 Car Garage
- ViewFloodZone, In City Limits, Near Public Transit, Street Paved, Street Dead-End, Historic District, Flood Insurance Required, Garden View, Pool View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground, Lighting
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, French Doors, Hurricane Shutters, Irrigation System, Lighting, Storage, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Bamboo
- Lot DescriptionUp to 10,889 Sq. Ft.
- RoofMembrane, Tile
- FoundationStem Wall
- Days on Market149
- Address1723 Bay St
- SubdivisionHudson Bayou Add
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorPorcelain Tile, Wood, Other
- Interior FeaturesBuilt in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, Solid Surface Counters, Solid Wood Cabinets, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Ice Maker, Range, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Softener
- HeatingCentral, Electric
- CoolingCentral Air, Humidity Control, Zoned
- FireplacesWood Burning
- ElementarySouthside Elementary
- MiddleSarasota Middle
- HighSarasota High
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on May 28th, 2020 at 10:45am EDT.