Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1515 Hillview Dr, Sarasota
One or more photo(s) has been virtually staged. On one-half of an acre of boating water nestled in the private setting of Harbor Acres lies this Mid-Century home, originally built for Ken Thompson, Sarasota’s City Manager from 1950 to1988, and his wife. William Zimmerman, an architect associated with the Sarasota School of Architecture, was the designer and Craig McAllister the contractor, all Sarasota icons. It’s not only a stunning waterfront property. The house captures the true essence of integrating inside and outside environments. With a shared dock on deep water and private lift, there is direct access to the bay and Gulf by boat from the protected bayou. The great room features hexagonal Saltillo tile floors, pecky cypress walls and a wood-burning fireplace with a white coral surround. Sliding glass doors disappear when opened onto two invisible-screened lanais. The kitchen has cherry cabinets, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Exterior brick pavers from a Chicago reclaimed building, a cedar outdoor shower and handsome outdoor lighting were recently added, along with a new custom-designed metal roof with sections of tongue and groove ceilings. Featuring three bedrooms and two baths, this is the perfect location to be close to Southside Elementary School, Southside Village, Sarasota Memorial Hospital, downtown and the beaches. This is a house with good bones, ready for new owners to make it their own or create something new.
- MLS® #A4453956
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage1,672
- Year Built1951
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- StyleMid-Century Modern
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Connected, Phone Available, Public
- FeaturesDeed Restrictions
- Parking Spaces2
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Carport
- ViewFloodZone, In City Limits, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorWood Frame, Wood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesFenced, Lighting, Outdoor Shower, Sliding Doors, Fruit Trees, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot Description1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- WindowsBlinds, Shutters
- Days on Market352
- Address1515 Hillview Dr
- SubdivisionHarbor Acres 2
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34239
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeiling Fans(s), Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Solid Wood Cabinets, Stone Counters, Thermostat
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Exhaust Fan, Microwave, Range, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Electric
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesLiving Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories1
- ElementarySouthside Elementary
- MiddleBrookside Middle
- HighSarasota High
- Listing Office:Premier Sothebys Intl Realty
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on June 6th, 2020 at 7:29am EDT.