Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
316 N Casey Key Rd, Osprey
When you combine award-winning architecture with an extraordinary Gulf to Bay location the result is pure perfection. Welcome to West Wind, a sprawling modern masterpiece gracing the coveted north-end of Casey Key. Created by New York architect and former architecture department chair at Harvard, Toshiko Mori, the main home is a curated study in how to create awe-inspiring spaces using natural surroundings. Coupled with the design architecture of James Carpenter, the sun hits his prized dichroic glass prism, diffusing daylight from clerestory windows into a spectrum of colors creating a living-art spectacular. Construction by Michael K. Walker & Assoc., renowned for building island and Gulf front manses. Details abound including a completely renovated 2-bedroom guest house which formerly served as barracks for the U.S. Coast Guard. Incredible Gulf of Mexico views from every room and a dream terrace perched above the palms. 3 car-garage. Meandering through botanical gardens on over 1.6 acres, a private pool and 1-bedroom guest quarters plus pavilion with a large covered terrace enjoy expansive views of Little Sarasota Bay. The dock was built in 2002 delighting boaters near & far. Enjoy the sunrise over the Bay and sunset over the Gulf on Casey Key, an island paradise where life is about dipping your toes in the sand and then boarding your boat to explore the Bay waters. The cultural and dynamic city of Sarasota and the quiet and quaint city of Venice are nearby. This defines island living at its best.
- MLS® #A4457320
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage7,121
- Year Built2002
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Sprinkler Well, Fire Hydrant, Sprinkler Meter
- ParkingDriveway, Oversized, Underground, Workshop in Garage
- # of Garages3
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 3 Car Garage
- ViewIn County, Lot - Oversized, Street Paved, Unincorporated, FloodZone, Flood Zone, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontGulf/Ocean to Bay, Intracoastal Waterway, Gulf/Ocean, Ocean2Bay, ICW
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, Heated, In Ground, Salt Water
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, Irrigation System, Lighting, Sliding Doors, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped, Fruit Trees, Oak Trees, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot DescriptionOne + to Two Acres
- WindowsBlinds, Window Treatments
- RoofBuilt-Up, Membrane
- FoundationSlab, Stilt/On Piling
- Days on Market77
- Address316 N Casey Key Rd
- SubdivisionCasey Key
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34229
- InteriorMarble, Other
- Interior FeaturesEating Space In Kitchen, Elevator, High Ceiling(s), Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Open Floorplan, Split Bedroom, Stone Counters, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Window Treatments, Cathedral Ceiling(s), Central Vaccum, Intercom
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Refrigerator, Wine Refrigerator, Oven, Water Filter Owned
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- StoriesTwo Story, Elevated
- ElementaryLaurel Nokomis
- MiddleLaurel Nokomis Middle
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on April 7th, 2020 at 9:30pm EDT.