Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
316 N Casey Key Rd, Osprey
Combine international award-winning architecture, the extraordinary Gulf to Bay location and the motivated heirs of this outstanding estate, the result is no less than an opportunity of a lifetime. Welcome to West Wind, the main house and a sprawling modern masterpiece gracing the exclusive north-end of Casey Key with dreamy views of both the Gulf and Bay. Created by New York architect and former architecture department chair at Harvard, Toshiko Mori, the residence is a curated study in how to create awe-inspiring spaces using natural surroundings. The sun hits the prized dichroic glass prism, diffusing daylight from clerestory windows into a spectrum of colors creating a living-art spectacular. Solid concrete construction by renowned builder, Michael K. Walker & Assoc. The completely renovated 2-bedroom guest house which formerly served as barracks for the U.S. Coast Guard enjoys incredible Gulf of Mexico views from every room and a dream terrace perched above the palms. 3 car-garage. Meandering through botanical gardens on over 1.6 acres, a private pool and 1-bedroom guest quarters plus pavilion w/a large covered terrace enjoy expansive views of Little Sarasota Bay. The dock was built in 2002. Enjoy sunrise over the Bay and sunset over the Gulf on Casey Key, an island paradise where life is about dipping your toes in the sand and then boarding your boat to explore the Bay waters. The cultural city of Sarasota and the quaint city of Venice are nearby. This defines island living at its best.
- MLS® #A4457320
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage7,121
- Year Built2002
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- UtilitiesBB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Fire Hydrant, Sprinkler Meter, Sprinkler Well
- ParkingDriveway, Oversized, Underground, Workshop in Garage
- # of Garages3
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 3 Car Garage
- ViewFloodZone, In County, Oversized Lot, Street Paved, Unincorporated, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontGulf/Ocean, Gulf/Ocean to Bay, Intracoastal Waterway
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, Heated, In Ground, Salt Water
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, Irrigation System, Lighting, Sliding Doors, Fruit Trees, Mature Landscaping, Oak Trees, Trees/Landscaped, Patio/Porch Covered
- Lot DescriptionOne + to Two Acres
- WindowsBlinds, Window Treatments
- RoofBuilt-Up, Membrane
- FoundationSlab, Stilt/On Piling
- Days on Market174
- Address316 N Casey Key Rd
- SubdivisionCasey Key
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34229
- InteriorMarble, Other
- Interior FeaturesCathedral Ceiling(s), Central Vaccum, Eating Space In Kitchen, Elevator, High Ceiling(s), Intercom, Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Open Floorplan, Split Bedroom, Stone Counters, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Window Treatments
- AppliancesBar Fridge, Built-In Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Water Filter Owned, Wine Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Electric, Zoned
- CoolingCentral Air, Zoned
- StoriesTwo, Elevated
- ElementaryLaurel Nokomis Elementary
- MiddleLaurel Nokomis Middle
- HighVenice Senior High
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on July 13th, 2020 at 4:14pm EDT.