Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1585 Bay Point Dr, Sarasota
Wow! The dream-home opportunity with this property is just incredible! The location simply cannot be rivaled, and the large 1/2 acre size is also a rarity in this prime location. Nestled West of the Trail just off pretty & winding Orange Avenue, the home enjoys 108' of frontage on Hudson Bayou, an ideal boating spot because of the very short time to the open waters of Sarasota Bay and without any bridges to hold you back! Over the wide water, you'll see Selby Gardens - not other homes - how nice! Supreme walkability to downtown and the charm of this historic neighborhood make it one of the most coveted locales in thriving Sarasota, and this property in particular presents a unique opportunity to possibly create the home of your fantasies while surrounded by both stunning modern and attractive vintage homes (no cookie-cutter feel here, in the best way possible!), or to live in a piece of Sarasota's history. Enjoy the existing home, including the dock and two boat lifts, forever - or at least while your gorgeous new house is under construction! There are a wide array of options in terms of home style and size that would be perfectly suited to this space and location, so the building world is your oyster here, though the existing home has a charm all its own as well...from the vintage curb appeal to the wood floors throughout and great view of the pool, bayou, and Selby Gardens, it is truly a treasure. Alternatively, this waterfront property presents a fantastic canvas of beautiful coastal nature on which to realize your dreams, without the impersonal feel all too common in new construction. The time is now and this one won't wait...
- MLS® #A4460962
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage2,302
- Year Built1937
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- StyleFlorida, Historical
- UtilitiesCable Connected, Electricity Connected, Public, Sewer Connected, Street Lights, Water Connected
- FeaturesWater Access, Waterfront
- ParkingCircular Driveway, Driveway, Oversized, Boat
- # of Garages2
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 2 Car Garage
- ViewFlood Zone, In City Limits, Level, Near Public Transit, Lot - Oversized, Sidewalk, Street Paved, Near Marina, Wooded View, Water View
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontCanal-salt, Bayou
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite, In Ground
- ExteriorWood Frame, Wood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesSidewalk, Storage, Mature Landscaping, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot Description1/2 Acre to 1 Acre
- Days on Market270
- Address1585 Bay Point Dr
- SubdivisionBay Point Park 2
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34236
- InteriorTile, Wood
- Interior FeaturesCeiling Fans(s), Master Bedroom Downstairs, Split Bedroom, Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Microwave, Range, Refrigerator, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Electric
- CoolingCentral Air
- # of Stories1
- StoriesOne Story
- Listing Office:Couture Real Estate Llc
Listing information courtesy of Couture Real Estate Llc.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on April 10th, 2020 at 3:45pm EDT.