Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
2229 Mcclellan Pkwy, Sarasota
An enchanting hideaway in desirable McClellan Park, this 5-bedroom plus den home surprises and delights with rare architecture, character-filled spaces and sweeping acreage. Stone walls enclose the over 1-acre property, revealing a compelling façade off a circular drive. Standing tall with farmhouse and seaport influences, the home’s design was completed in 1930 and expanded in the 70’s with a 3-story lighthouse designed by revered architect Tim Siebert as a perch to enjoy preserve views along a tree line of towering Oaks. A front and screen door by famous boat maker George Luzier welcomes while alluding to craftsmanship to come. Details such as winding staircases, curved archways, wood-burning fireplaces and broad Colonial-inspired windows endear the home and create an ambiance for relaxed gathering. Most bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and are spacious and bright with a master suite impressing with vaulted tongue-and-groove ceiling. A main-floor master suite provides additional flexibility. Outside, light trickles through the trees creating an oasis for sipping lemonade on the enclosed brick patio, hosting BBQs by the pool or running tremendous greenspace with your pup. Lighting along the side from Kriessle Forge, a local forgery with designs from Europe, reflects the uniqueness of the home. A 4-car garage and workshop offer room for tinkering and storage. Ready to customize to your tastes or a sweeping acre lot to build new within a premier community, enjoy unparalleled living amid striking natural beauty.
- MLS® #A4463211
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage4,831
- Year Built1930
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- ParkingCircular Driveway, Driveway, Garage Door Opener, Tandem
- # of Garages4
- GaragesUnder Building Parking, , 4 Car Garage
- ViewIn City Limits, Oversized Lot, Sidewalk, Street Paved, Garden View
- Has PoolYes
- PoolHeated, In Ground
- ExteriorWood Siding
- Exterior FeaturesLighting, Mature Landscaping, Patio/Porch Covered, Patio/Porch Screened
- Lot DescriptionOne + to Two Acres
- FoundationCrawlspace, Stilt/On Piling
- Days on Market94
- Address2229 Mcclellan Pkwy
- SubdivisionMcclellan Park
- CountySarasota County
- Zip Code34239
- InteriorCarpet, Vinyl, Wood
- Interior FeaturesAttic Fan, Built in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Eating Space In Kitchen, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Walk-In Closet(s)
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer
- CoolingCentral Air
- FireplacesFamily Room, Living Room, Wood Burning
- # of Stories2
- ElementarySouthside Elementary
- MiddleBrookside Middle
- HighSarasota High
- Listing Office:Michael Saunders & Company
Listing information courtesy of Michael Saunders & Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on July 3rd, 2020 at 2:59pm EDT.